Meet Alberto Flores, head of Gilson Daub's mail department, and our first featured employee. Alberto is hard working, kind and fun to be around. To find out more about him, we played a round of 20 questions.
1. Who inspires you?
The person who inspires me the most would be my mother. She’s been my rock and has helped me through some of the most difficult times in my life. I also find inspiration from underprivileged kids who were dealt a bad hand but are making the best of their situation. I see it a lot in my community and I gain more motivation when I hear success stories from neighbors or friend’s siblings.
2. What was the best concert you ever went to?
After taking about a 5 year hiatus, one of my favorite bands, Tiger Army, was playing in Costa Mesa so I bought tickets 4 months in advance to surprise my brother for his birthday. It turned out to be a sold out show around Halloween so it was really festive and memorable. The pit was insane given the size of the venue.
3. Where’s your favorite place in the world?
I couldn’t give you coordinates because then that would give it away, jk ;-) but I would say I’m happiest any time I’m in nature enjoying the sights and smells.
4. If you could be any animal, which would you be?
No question a falcon. With top speeds reaching 200 mph, it would be tough to pass up that experience. Being able to fly? No brainer.
5. What’s the last book you read?
Flash Boys by Michael Lewis
6. What are you passionate about?
You could say I’m really passionate about helping others. I grew up volunteering and was part of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange country in High School, so helping others is something I really value.
7. What’s your favorite movie?
A tie between The Matrix and The Social Network. “ I know Kung Fu.”
8. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Work with lien claimants. Jk It wasn’t so much what I’ve done as much as what has happened to me. Which was getting hit by a car. What an adrenaline rush that was.
9. What are you currently watching on Netflix?
I’m a terrible millennial and don’t own Netflix. I know! Don’t hate me!
10. What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
I’m trying my best to finish editing footage of my friend’s bachelor party shenanigans.
11. Who would you most like to swap places with for a day?
Dan Bilzarian, Professional Poker Player
12. What’s the best meal you ever had?
I was at a brunch spot in DC, starving, slightly intoxicated off mimosas made with freshly squeezed orange juice having to wait for our food order to arrive. The waitress was swamped and wasn’t able to get our food order in quickly but was happily able to keep our glasses full. I ordered an English breakfast and to my surprise the wait was totally worth it. No dish has been able to top that meal since. It was a mix of the atmosphere of the brunch spot and the food that really makes it memorable.
13. If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
Egypt. Pyramids. Hello?
14. What are some of your pet peeves?
I’m pretty easy to get along with but being a bad listener is amongst my biggest pet peeves. Also, having something on your face like food but no one you are encountering throughout the day saying anything about it. #nottruefriends
15. What’s your secret talent that no one knows about?
I’m pretty flexible with my legs and I can almost put my leg behind my head.
16. Which four individuals, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most?
Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Abraham Lincoln and Jimi Hendrix
17. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
18. What’s the most helpful way for you to get feedback?
I’m pretty straightforward so a polite private conversation would be the best way for me to get feedback.
19. What is your favorite family tradition?
By far the longest running and most delicious tradition is making tamales on Christmas Eve. I look forward to it every year. I can’t wait to show my kids how to make them one day.
20. Who is your least favorite superhero?