1. Who inspires you?
My parents inspire me everyday to be a better person. They came to the United States with very little from Vietnam and have worked hard to provide my siblings and I the best upbringing and life. They have taught me to pursue my passions and have supported me throughout all my successes and failures in life; reminding me each day that this is all part of my life journey and to continue to work toward being the best person that I can be.
2. What was the best concert you ever went to?
The best concert I have ever gone to was Bruno Mars. His songs are so upbeat that you cannot help but dance and sing along.
3. Where’s your favorite place in the world?
My favorite place in the world is Egypt. I have had a fascination with mummies since I was a little girl and was lucky enough to travel to Egypt and ride a camel across the Arabian desert.
4. If you could be any animal, which would you be?
I would be an elephant. Elephants form deep family bonds and live in tight groups and in some Asian cultures are known to be extremely lucky animals.
5. What’s the last book you read?
Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
6. What are you passionate about?
I am passionate about traveling and exploring the world. I believe that traveling opens your eyes and life to new experiences and helps you gain a better perspective of how people live their lives. We have so much to learn from each other and the best way to really understand people and their culture is to immerse yourself it in when traveling.
7. What’s your favorite movie?
My favorite movies are Up and The Princess Bride.
8. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
The craziest thing I have ever done is canyoning off a 100-feet waterfall in Costa Rica.
9. What are you currently watching on Netflix?
I spend my free time reading and am currently not watching anything on Netflix.
10. What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
I love cooking and I am taking cooking classes most weekends. I am currently working on making homemade pasta and ravioli for my family and friends.
11. Who would you most like to swap places with for a day?
I would love to switch places for a day with my niece Kiley. She is two years old and she is so carefree and spends her day playing, eating and sleeping. Then she repeats that all again the next day! Who wouldn’t want her life!
12. What’s the best meal you ever had?
The best meal that I have had so far is sushi from the Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo.
13. If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
I would love to visit India and see the Taj Majal.
14. What are some of your pet peeves?
My biggest pet peeve are people who are late and not dependable. I believe that people should respect other people’s times and being constantly late shows a lack of respect.
15. What’s your secret talent that no one knows about?
My secret talent is that I love singing Karaoke. If you’re lucky, you may catch me singing at a Karaoke bar on a Friday night in Korea Town.
16. Which four individuals, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most?
My grandmother from my dad’s side who I never had a chance to meet, my best friend Mayra, Jane Austen, and Thich Nhat Hanh.
17. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I would be a green crayon.
18. What’s the most helpful way for you to get feedback?
The most helpful way for me to get feedback is for people to talk to me. Sometimes people are so afraid to “rock the boat” that they do not give feedback. I think that just hinders a persons ability to grow into being the best version of themselves.
19. What is your favorite family tradition?
My favorite family tradition is making moon cakes with my mom during the season of Tet (aka Chinese New Years).
20. Who is your least favorite superhero?
I don’t have one.