1. Who inspires you?
My inspiration comes from my children and family. They are the reason I work so hard, find humor even in the worst situations, and use every day to learn something new!
2. What was the best concert you ever went to?
Stagecoach Country Music Festival in Indio is by far an amazing experience with 3-days and nights sitting outside in the sun on lawn chairs listening to various artists. It has grown into an annual family event with my brothers’ families and other friends joining us.
3. Where’s your favorite place in the world?
Hawaii is the only place I’ve visited multiple times and could always find happiness there. But my experience in visiting Thailand this year was truly amazing and opened my eyes to another culture so far across the world with such wonderful people.
4. If you could be any animal, which would you be?
I’ve always loved monkeys so to swing from tree to tree for a day without fear (as I would have) would be a lot of fun!
5. What’s the last book you read?
Discover Your Purpose: How to Use the 5 Life Purpose Profiles to Unlock Your Hidden Potential and Live the Life You Were Meant to Live by Rhys Thomas. It’s opened my eyes to reasons why some people can’t change yet raises awareness to the ability that everyone has to change if they want to try.
6. What are you passionate about?
My family and my cats!
7. What’s your favorite movie?
I unwind and enjoy watching comedies with Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, Jim Carrey, or Steve Carell. But I also jump at any chance to watch a chick flick including The Notebook.
8. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
I climbed up a 30 foot extended ladder inside my house at 5 a.m. to rescue my son’s kitten at the top. As I brought the kitten down over my shoulder, I missed one of the steps and fell breaking my wrist in multiple areas and woke up my children with the sound of the ladder crashing to the ground….but the kitten was saved!
9. What are you currently watching on Netflix?
10. What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now?
I am trying to become fit! My son is a Personal Trainer at 24 Hour Fitness and I have started training with him. My daughter is also training so it has been a very positive family bonding experience to work with my son in a role where he’s the boss and I can see him grow in his profession.
11. Who would you most like to swap places with for a day?
Taylor Swift—I’ve always wanted to sing so I’d love to have a chance to be on stage and sound good (and those of you who disagree can keep it to yourself!)
12. What’s the best meal you ever had?
Any Thanksgiving dinner with my family!
13. If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
Europe (so that encompasses a lot of places to visit including Italy)
14. What are some of your pet peeves?
Spelling errors, bad drivers, and people who treat others poorly.
15. What’s your secret talent that no one knows about?
I can juggle!
16. Which four individuals, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most?
Jesus, as long as he could bring my mom and dad who both passed away when I was in my 20’s so that I could thank them for the values instilled in me and show them their grandchildren. I would also like for my grandma Beisswanger (my dad’s mom) to come as well because I realize that I am a lot like her.
17. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
18. What’s the most helpful way for you to get feedback?
I prefer direct in a non-accusatory manner and with an explanation so that I can learn.
19. What is your favorite family tradition?
Making homemade cinnamon rolls on Christmas Eve for Santa Claus to eat on his trip and then for my family to enjoy eating on Christmas morning!
20. Who is your least favorite superhero?
I would have to say Superman!